Mr. Lloyd Bullard has over 30 years of experience working within the human services field. He is considered a national expert in the areas of Restraints and Seclusion Reduction, Cultural Competence, Racial Disproportionality and Disparity of Outcomes, Residential Care, Community-Based Services and Supports, Human Trafficking, Program Auditing, Evaluation and Assessment, Supervisory and Management Development and Consultation/Training.
Mr. Bullard successfully established and operated LBIC Consulting Services, Inc., (LBIC), which was based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area for several years (2007 to 2014). After relocating to the Atlanta, GA metropolitan area, Mr. Bullard reorganized the structure of the company and changed its name to LBIC Consulting Services, Inc. (LBIC). Upon establishing the new company, he folded LBIC Consulting Services, Inc. into LBIC Consulting Services, Inc. In 2014, Mr. Bullard was certified by the United States Department of Justice to perform Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) audits of Prisons and Jails, Lockup, Community Confinement and Juvenile Facilities. Mr. Bullard also expanded LBIC services to include PREA audit readiness consultation and technical assistance.
Mr. Bullard has developed and managed numerous national and local programs and initiatives. He spent ten years working for the Child Welfare League of America (CWLA) where he held the positions of Director of Residential Care; Director of Cultural Competence and Racial Disproportionality; Director of Best Practices to Reduce the Use of Restraint and Seclusion, as well as serving as a Senior Consultant.
Additionally, Mr. Bullard has been certified as a Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) Auditor by the United States Department of Justice (DOJ) to conduct auditors of Juvenile Justice Facilities, Community Confinement Facilities, Adult Prisons and Lockups. He has also served as an Independent Consultant for the Child Welfare League of America, Cornell University, and the University of Oklahoma. Mr. Bullard has published over fifty books, chapters, position papers, guidelines, and articles on cultural competency, restraint and seclusion reduction, recruitment and retention, racial disproportionality and disparity of outcomes, supervisory skills and residential care. In addition to his commitment to his professional duties, Mr. Bullard is the founder and Board President of the Angie Kennedy Educational Foundation. He is also the former Board President for African American Adoptions, Inc. (AAAI), and a former Adjunct Professor for Concordia University, St. Paul, MN.
Mr. Bullard holds a Bachelor of Science in Counseling Education from South Carolina State University and a Masters of Education from Concordia University.
AFFILIATIONS and CERTIFICATIONS
- PREA Certified Auditor for Adult Prisons and Jails, Lockups, Community Confinement and Juvenile Facilities, June 2014 – Present
- Founder & Board President of the Angie Kennedy Educational Foundation, Orangeburg, S.C.,
2010 – Present
- Member of the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration, SAMHSA, Building Bridges Initiative Work-group on Cultural Linguistic Competence, 2008 – Present
- Certified Instructor – Effective Supervision I and II, Child Welfare League of America, 2006 – Present
- Certified Instructor – Love and Logic Program Model, 2008 – Present
- CPI Certified Instructor – Crisis Prevention Institute, 1994 – Present
- Certified Youth & Child Care Practitioner – North America Certification Project, 2009 – Present
- Former Certified Instructor – Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, (TCI), Cornell University 2008 – 2013
- Former Chairman & Vice President – African American Adoption, Inc., Fairfax, VA., 2008 – 2012
- Former Advisory Committee Member – Child Welfare League of America National Advisory Committee on Cultural Competence & Racial Disproportionality 2007 – 2012
- Former Advisory Committee Member – Child Welfare League of America National Advisory Committee on Residential Care 2007- 2012
- Former Board Member – Association of Child and Youth Care Practice, ACYCP, Tulsa, OK, 1998 – 2008